On the 27th of July the new Library Management System will go live. This system is being introduced in collaboration with our partners at the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University, to provide opportunities to deliver an improved service for all our users and streamline services at the Drill Hall Library where we provide a shared service.
This is a reminder that in preparation for the switchover you must:
- Export your LibrarySearch e-shelf by the 26th July. This can be done by emailing it to yourself or importing it in to your preferred reference management software. Information on how to do this is available at libguides.gre.ac.uk/LibrarySearch.
We would also like to take this opportunity to highlight forthcoming enhancements to your Library Service.
- Borrowing limits will increase to 20 books instead of 16.
- You will be able to reserve 5 items from other campuses instead of 3.
- Reservations for on-shelf items at home sites will no longer be possible. Library staff will be on hand to help you use the catalogue and locate the item on the shelf.
- You will still be able to renew an item up to 50 times.
- When the £20 block is reached, you will now be able to renew and reserve books - however, you will not be able to take out new loans until the fines go below £20.
This is the first stage of implementing the new Library Management System; there are still more exciting enhancements to come. Keep an eye on your email and the Portal! We’ll keep you posted about key dates and developments.
If you have any questions please contact a member of the library team by emailing SWSfirstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 8331 7788.