New for 2017/18We would also like to take this opportunity to highlight enhancements to your Library Service.
On the 27th of July we implemented a brand new Library Management System. This system is in collaboration with our partners at the University of Kent and Canterbury Christ Church University, to provide opportunities to deliver an improved service for all our users and streamline services at the Drill Hall Library where we provide a shared service.
The new system has brought improvements to the way you search for and borrow books. We are pleased to announce:
- Borrowing limits have increased to 20 books instead of 16.
- You will now be able to reserve 5 items from other campuses instead of 3.
- Reservations for on-shelf items at home sites will no longer be possible. Library staff will be on hand to help you use the catalogue and locate the item on the shelf.
- When the £20 block is reached, you will now be able to renew and reserve books - however, you will not be able to take out new loans until the fines go below £20.
- Items out on loan will now automatically be renewed unless reserved by another borrower. This will dramatically cut your chances of receiving library fines.
- A refreshed look for LibrarySearch.
Key developments in the Stockwell Street Library:The Academic Skills team will now be based in 10_1006. Need help with anything from referencing to essay writing? Feel free to drop in.
We have invested in two new study pods, which can be found on the first and second floor of the library.
Key developments in the Avery Hill LibraryThe Silent Computer room and the Green room have both been refurbished.
There is now a designated room called the Boyd room for student workshops and 1 to1 sessions with academic skills staff and subject librarians.
If you have any questions please contact a member of the library team by emailing SWSemail@example.com or phone 020 8331 7788.